Monday, January 28, 2008

Week 28

Week : 28
Weight Gain : 12 kg +/-
Baby Weight: 1 kg
I met Dr Guna last saturday. Had my monthly check-up. I am currently in my third trimester and counting my days for the BIG day. The doc has confirmed that everything's normal. There were few issues that I raised during my check-up this time
My weight gain
As you can see, I gained almost 12 kgs for the past 6-7 months. And half of the weight I gained for the past 5 weeks. The doc was quite concerned. He told me that I should do some exercise i.e. walking 30 mins, 3 times a week. But not at Midvalley!! Sigh! Maybe he saw me and hubby in Midvalley, hehe. Anyway, that was before I told him that I am currently experiencing swollen legs and fingers. So, he prescribed me some vitamins for calcium and also some other advice. I did asked if I should reduce my food consumption. He said, "No". Weight gain during pregnancy may not caused totally by food consumption but also relates to other factors i.e. water retention. And that is what I am currently experiencing.
Baby's gender
I was quite concerned if during my previous check up, the doc has mistakenly told us that I am carrying baby girl. So, this time I asked him again, is it a girl? Yes... it is. I am thrilled. Cuz mom bought few red sweaters and flowery jeans when she visited UK. And frankly, I don't mind if it is a girl or a boy. As long as I have a healthy baby, that's good enough for me.

No comments: