Monday, November 19, 2007

The day I found out I am pregnant


On 18th August 2007, I was 2-3 days late for my period. My hubby urged me to take the pregnancy test and so I did..

A friend of ours gave the pregnancy test kit as a wedding gift.. (thanx Zahari for the pregnancy test. At first we saw it as a laughing matter, yet your gift brought us the good news!)

At first, I never thought that I'm pregnant since in my previous month, my period can be delayed up to 2 weeks and the test was always negative..

So, that morning, I did the test.. And I couldn't believe my eyes, it was POSITIVE..

I was speechless, yet hubby was so excited..

So many things went through my mind.. "I'm pregnant.. for real???" "Am I ready to be a mother?"

Later, we went to Ikano & IKEA. We bought more pregnancy test. This time I bought 2 sets, different brands...

I tested again.. POSITIVE..

This time I'm sure, I am pregnant.. and from that day onwards, everything change..

No more weight lifting, no more junkies, no more pineaple (I'm so not ready to let go Hawaian Chicken, Pajeri Nenas)..

Until today, I keep on updating myself about pregnancy and what to expect during pregnancy..
Frankly, being pregnant makes me uncomfortable with my own body, as if I have to explore and get to know my body, all over again..

Reading pregnancy website, books.. but 1 thing that I am not ready yet.. watching video on labour and listening about the pain in labour.., that I'm sure
As time passes by, I keep on asking myself, am I ready for the change? Will I be a good mother? How will I take care of my baby?? How will I cope with the new responsibility? Am I ready to sacrifice my sleeping time, shopping time?

Only time and experience will tell..


No comments: