Wednesday, February 6, 2008

29 weeks


Week : 29

Weight gain : 1 kg +/-


It's been 29 weeks of my pregnancy. Nothing has changed, except for my physical (biggy tummy, round face, swallen legs). So far I am enjoying my pregnancy except for the part where I have to wake up in the middle of the night for pee-pee, difficulty to walk and not many choice of clothes. Other than that, I really enjoy the extra attention from Hubby and others, full tummy and kicks from my baby.

Talking about kicks, yesterday my baby caused me panic attack. I actually didn't realised that she didnt move since morning until mid day. As I was chatting with my sister, I suddenly realised that I didnt feel her movement. Then I called hubby to tell him that the baby isnt moving since morning. He told me to call Dr Guna, our gynea. I suddenly had panic attack. I called Kak jaja, my dad's secretary and told her that the baby isnt moving. As I was telling her the whole thing, I started to cry and couldnt talk. That was my first tears for the baby. She told me to come up to her place and she will call the doc. The clinic didnt answer, maybe cuz it was lunch time. So, we decided to have lunch first and see how it goes from there. After lunch, she called the clinic and they told me to come for scan. So I went, with Kak Jaja. But deep down I know the baby is OK as I suddenly can feel a slight movement. My timing was right, as I arrived, the clinic was empty and the doc is waiting for me (my usual waiting time is 1 hr min). He scanned, and Alhamdulillah the baby is ok. Kak Jaja sent me home and I rest for the rest of the day.

You see, although it was just a false alarm, but what made me panic was that I know when my baby usually moves, what tickles her. And she didnt make any movement yesterday. That was why I was so panic. And does the RM75 worth a scan although deep down I can feel that she's ok? Yes, it was worth it. Cuz, you will never know. If I dont go for a scan, and she was not alrite in there, that would be my deepest regret. I paid RM75 to make sure that she's alrite and make my heart calm again.

It was the first tears and first panic attack that my daughter has caused me. And I know, there are many more to come, as she is born, she grow up. But the first moment is the moment that I will always remember...

Actually me and hubby already have a name for her. I can't announce it yet, not until she is born. Cuz we might change our mind to the last minute. Right now we are in the middle of preparing the stuff for the baby. The essential things i.e. napkins, bathing/grooming items, strollers and etc. I know, by the time I reach 8-9 months, I wont have the energy to prepare and go for shopping anymore. And although people said that it's not good to prepare too early for the baby, I wouldnt want to wait. And hubby thought so too. But, we just keep it low on the things that we have bought. And I am hoping when the time comes, her things will be complete.

It is going to be a long holiday. We will have a family gathering in Janda Baik. Hubby is working on-call on wednesday and Friday. I will have 2 full days to spend with him. Can't wait!!

So Happy Chinese New Year everyone... and Happy Holiday!!!!!

No comments: